2020年12月3-4日舉辦之【Asian / European Climate Change Forum : Integrating Climate Change Concerns into Post-COVID19 Recovery in the EU & Asia】，開放報名中。
Counting down with us!
本會議採實體與視訊方式同步進行 ／ Via Webinar Conference
Thursday & Friday, 3 & 4 December 2020
15:30-19:30 Taiwan Time (台北時間)
09:30-13:30 Italian time (義大利時間)
文化大學大新館B1演藝廳 （B1, Yanping Extension Center, School of Continuing Education, Chinese Culture University）
英文 / This event will be held in English.
Once registration has been accepted, participants will receive an invitation email with meeting URL .
The Paris Agreement is the first truly global commitment to fight the climate crisis. As of February 2020, all UNFCCC members have signed the Paris agreement, 189 have become party to it. Under the Paris Agreement, each country must determine, plan, and regularly report on the contribution that it undertakes to mitigate global warming. However, due to the outbreak of COVID-19 early this year, a lot of scheduled policy and legal measures faces challenges of either delayed or cancelled. Except for this, the coronavirus pandemic also brings extra challenges to proceed of climate change mitigation and adaptation agenda, as result of the increasing national budget to spend on tackling COVID-19 and low economic growth. Even though it remains in the middle of COVID-19 crisis, more and more countries begin to propose the possible way to consider COVID-19 and green recovery. Amongst all the similar efforts in this regard, the Green Deal adopted by the European Union lately has indicated to us the possible pathway to promote the interaction between the Climate Change/Sustainability policy and Anti-COVID-19 efforts. Therefore, it seems to be a right moment now to assess the impact of COVID-19 on the original planned Climate Change/Sustainability policy/measures and to re-plan them, just like what the UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres said, with “ brave, visionary and collaborative leadership＂for the future.
The main purposes of this two half-day conference are meant to analyze such issues from both the politician and academic points of views. The first section of the Conference has been the High Level Round Table, a politician forum, which would invite the key politicians, such as MP in charge of climate change issues, or staffs from climate change competent authority, from Taiwan and Europe to discuss mainly:
- What are the progress and/or status of policy and legal development on climate change mitigation/adaptation under the threat of COVID-19?,
- How are these measures affected and/or restrained by the measures and/or policy to combat COVID-19?
- What are the contemporary and/or potential Climate Change related policy and legal program in response to the challenge and opportunity of COVID-19?
- What should be the role of green recovery in COVID-19 recovery agenda?
The second section of the conference plans to approach these issues from the academic aspects. Invited professors or experts will share with each other the legal and Policy Development on Climate Change in Asia and Europe in the time of COVID-19. And, special attention will be placed on the Green Recovery Package.
The conference will be organized in two sessions: the first session will be devoted to climate change law and policies, the second will tackle the implementation of NDCs (Nationally Determined Contributions) and Carbon Pricing subject to Innovative Tech and Finance Mechanism.
◉ First session relevant topics
- COVID-19 and climate change: lessons to be learned and legal implications
- Poor and vulnerable countries facing the compound impacts of climate and COVID-19: international aids to boost resilience
- After Madrid’s failure, whither does the COP go?
- Last trends in climate change litigation
- Offshore wind energy and maritime spatial planning
- Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme
- Climate change adaptation and the deep transformation of environmental law
◉ Second session relevant topics
- Challenge and/or Opportunity for NDC Ambition in Anti-COVID-19 Time & Carbon Pricing
- Promoting the Cross-Sectoral Policy Benefits in Combating COVID-19 through CC Technology Deployment
- Seeking for the Interaction Effect between the Anti-COVID-19 Cost and Green Finance Benefits
Day 1 December 3, 2020
Day 2 December 4, 2020
◉ 我要註冊 Registration
◉ 講者摘要 Abstract （Coming Soon!)
◉ 請務必攜帶口罩進入會場。 Please wear mask before entry.
◉ 會場空間有限，請有興趣者盡早報名。若無法與會者，請務必提前告知，以免空置座席。 Registration Now & Save!
please write to email@example.com or 886-3-5627064